Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom's Day!!!


After a year of ear infections and just constantly being sick. We finally got our little "guy" tubes in his ears. When we took him up to Primary Children's I got a little weepy when they took him from me . But then as we were waiting I looked around and saw all the other children and their parents and I immediately felt so sad and so grateful all at the same time. There were so many sad and difficult situations in that same room. I was grateful that we were there for tubes and nothing more. Just last year Brennan and I took an ambulance ride up there because of RSV and I told him we are done going there. I feel so blessed to have my little guy and to have healthy children. Yesterday, I was also so excited for the primary children to sing in Sacrament. AND Finally someone was singing for me. It seems like I have waited for that day for so long. It was well worth it to see my little Ryan up there. Being a Mom is the best.

6 comments:

erin said...

So glad that Brennan got his tubes! You're right, it's great to be a mom!

Jamie said...

What a cute shot of Brennan! And I ditto everything you said. I too feel so blessed to have what I have, and to know what I know. Life is good yes indeed. Glad you had a good day.

buchanancasa said...

Doesn't Primary Children's mean so much more to you once you've had a child there? Micah had some kidney problems as a baby, and it was so stressful! And at the same time, we felt so heartbroken for all the families around us w/ more serious situations. I'm glad little Brennan won't have to deal with more infections.

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Tubes were amazing for Bryson. I remember thinking, "Why didn't we do it sooner!" A lot less sleepless nights for sure! Good luck! It was so cute to see the kids sing! Ryan is so cute too!

Jenny and Mark said...

What a cute picture of Brennan! He really has the happiest little smile. Glad you had a great Mother's day-you are a great Mom and a great friend!

123 said...

I'm glad you are all doing well. Let's do lunch!