Saturday, January 29, 2011

Goodbye January!!!

I don't know what it is but I have really started to hate January. I don't know if it's the haze that never seems to leave or the below freezing temperatures every morning or my kids constantly having runny noses, ear infections, fevers, stomach flu, or some other reason for crying and being up during the night. Or maybe it's the diet that I know I should go on but don't really want to because come on with all the cold and staying in I have to eat something yummy to make me feel better. Anyhow, U of U gymnastics starts in January and that always gets me excited. My sister and I have always gone since I was about 12 years old and we have added her girls and our sisters in law and their daughters and now Ryan comes so it is a good time for me with all the Willardson girls. Plus, the Utes are looking good this year so I am super psyched!!!







Brennan and I also had some mom and me time in all my doom and gloom which was another highlight. We signed up for Smart Sport class at the rec center and it was fun for just him and I to have something together. I always feel bad that Ryan has dance and preschool so I was trying to find something for him that would be just for him.. He loved it!! Everyday he would ask if it was sport day.. We did soccer, baseball, basketball, football and swimming. Can I just add another highlight of January for me was getting this pasty white still need to lose 20 pounds of baby weight that is now 10 months old in a swimming suit body. WOOT WOOT!!!! Thank you Jenny for abandoning me on swim day. The only redeeming thing for me is their was a senior citizen water aerobics class going on at the same time so I know not everyone was checking out my HOT body.


Add Image
Actually, some good things about January is staying in and reading a good book, a hot bath and cozy warm sweats to hide under. I must admit I did have one resolution I started and have kept and that is a gratitude journal. IT really has changed me. I am so much more grateful for small and simple things that I really use to take for granted. I have become so much more aware of the world around me and have come to such a realization of how truly blessed I am. Bring on February and all the yummy Valentine treats!!!!

5 comments:

omyhana said...

You forgot the most important thing..... the bachelor starts in January!!!!!! HA HA HA

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Yeah, you updated! Amazing! When are the gymnastics meets, Bryn would love to go, I think? Anyway I'm glad that your kids are having fun in their different classes. I'm with you, bring on February! I better be listed in your gratitude Journal! No, that is a neat idea though! Keep it up!

Kamie said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I'm jealous that you still have little ones and mine are teenagers. Enjoy them while they're young :)
And I'm with you...bring on the valentine treats!

Jenny and Mark said...

You have no idea how much I wish I would have been swimming with you!
(Even if it meant standing in a swimsuit in January right next to the hot nanny). I LOATHE January too, so thanks for getting me and Bridger out-he really did have fun, despite his constant need for a snack.

Jillinda said...

Okay Jan, you seriously crack me up, but I couldn't agree more. I'm ready for spring.